Technology Skills Required For Practicing Nurses
Topic: Research of technology skills required for practicing nurses
1. Clinical Question (30 points/15%)
1. Describe the problem: What is the focus of your group’s work?
2. Significance of problem: What health outcomes result from your problem? Or what statistics document this
is a problem? You may find support on websites for government or professional organizations.
3. Purpose of the paper: What will your paper do or describe?
***Please note that although most of these questions are the same as you addressed in paper 1, the purpose of this paper is different. You can use your paper 1 for items 1 & 2 above, including any faculty suggestions for improvement provided as feedback.
2. Evidence Matrix Table: Data Summary (Appendix A) – (60 points/30%) Categorize items in the Matrix Table, including proper intext citations and reference list entries for each article.
1. References (recent publication within the last 5 years)
2. Purpose/Hypothesis/Study Question(s)
3. Variables: Independent (I) and Dependent (D)
4. Study Design
5. Sample Size and Selection
6. Data Collection Methods
7. Major Findings (Evidence)
3. Description of Findings (60 points/30%) Describe the data in the Matrix Table, including proper intext citations and reference list entries for each article.
1. Compare and contrast variables within each study.
2. What are the study design and procedures used in each study; qualitative, quantitative, or mixed method
study, levels of confidence in each study, etc.?
3. Participant demographics and information.
4. Instruments used, including reliability and validity.
5. How do the research findings provide evidence to support your clinical problem, or what further evidence
is needed to answer your question?
6. Next steps: Identify two questions that can help guide the group’s work.
4. Conclusion (20 points/10%) Review major findings in a summary paragraph.
1. Evidence to address your clinical problem.
2. Make a connection back to all the included sections.
3. 3. Wrap up the assignment and give the reader something to think about. e. Format (30 points/15%)
5. Conclusion Adheres to current APA formatting and guidelines Include at least two (2) scholarly, current (within 5 years) primary sources other than the textbook 3 pages in length, excluding appendices, title and reference pages