Project Execution Case Discussion Assignment
Benchmark – Project Execution Case Paper
For this assignment, you are to evaluate a sample project. The project involves implementation of an ERP (enterprise resource planning) system. In case you are not familiar with ERP systems, the ERP Definition and Solutions page at the CIO website, located in the study materials for this topic, may be helpful.
Read the following case: “The Challenge of Implementing an ERP System in a Small and Medium Enterprise – A Teaching Case of ERP Project Management”, located in study materials for this topic.
In a 2,000-2,250-word paper, analyze the case from a project management perspective by responding to the questions below. Be sure to formulate your responses based on the project management concepts that you have learned from experience and on the content thus far in the course:
1. Provide a brief introduction (short paragraph) outlining your paper. Do not summarize the case.
2. What specific issues occurred on the project that led to the poor execution of the project?
3. What were the specific consequences to the project’s poor execution?
4. In the case, “The Challenge of Implementing an ERP System in a Small and Medium Enterprise – A Teaching Case of ERP Project Management”, locate and respond to question 3 in the “Questions for Discussion” section on page 295. In your discussion of the PMO, detail steps that would help monitor progress and mitigate risks. In case you are not familiar with a PMO, the “What is PMO in Project Management” page at the Wrike website, located in the study materials for this topic, provides an overview.
5. Provide a brief conclusion (short paragraph) summarizing your paper.
6. Provide a References List and cite each reference at least once in your paper. Provide at least six citations, excluding the citations listed in this assignment (no Wikipedia citations allowed).
Ensure that your last name is in the file name and submit your completed Word file by the end of this week.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.