Order Handout And Rubric Innovation Assignment
Students will prepare a graduate level analysis on their current or an organization that they have recently worked for or have insider knowledge of. This paper is usually about five pages long double spaced (excluding Title Page and References) and is addressed to a specific CEO of a specific company (you do not have to actually send this paper to the CEO) but write it as if you would).
Look at your current or past organization. Consider the informal or formal supply chain for your organization. Create three to five recommendations based upon the book for a supply chain that has a specific intention of creating ROI through innovation, sustainability and Six Sigma efforts. Write this paper as if you are submitting to the CEO of the organization. Write this as if you are looking for a promotion! You might want to have your Major Headings be: Introduction, Analysis, Conclusions and Recommendations. Your Subheadings might be: Innovation, Six Sigma, Innovation and Sustainability. Be sure to use APA headings:
In essence, you are presenting a proposal to the CEO seeking the CEO’s approval of recommendations that you have made based upon your analysis and the impact the recommendations will have on ROI based upon what you have learned so far in this class.
Key questions and things to consider for this paper.
1. Identify the organization – if you have any questions contact your instructor for approval. This graduate level analysis can be performed on large companies or small companies; you choose but ensure you can get enough information to make quality analysis and practical suggestions. Consider the core competencies of this organization. Can you help to make something better they are already doing? OR do other in their industry have an innovation in sustainability that they do not have yet? (cite, cite).
2. Consider what you have read and include independent research on the Supply Chain, Operations, Innovation, Sustainability and Six Sigma. If you are going to recommend Six Sigma explain why and who else in their industry is using if. If you are not going to recommend Six Sigma then cite why (could it be too expensive, not fit the needs of the core competencies…)? These are all broad topics, and yet demonstrate to your CEO and you have an ability to include these topics, if even in a small way, in your recommendations. Always reference and cite your research. Cite all statements of facts.
3. Know your target – this paper is to be written to the CEO or someone in the organization that would consider your recommendations. If you actually know the person, or think you could get your recommendations to them then great – write with the person with authority in mind and once you have had your paper graded you might want to actually submit this paper to them. You don’t have to give this paper to the CEO, but it should be the quality of work that you might consider giving it to her or him.
Order Handout And Rubric Innovation Assignment
4. Remember this is an academic paper – you have to use APA, citations and all that is important in graduate level writing. There should never be even one typo or grammatical error in a graduate level paper.
5. Use the textbook and independent research (and cite). Graduate level recommendations are normally backed up on data not hunches or the experience of one person. Use the specific analytics that are available in your textbook to make your recommendations.
6. Remember to include a recommendation for both innovation and sustainability. You will be graded on including information from both of those fields.
7. Charts, graphs and visual recommendations are required for A papers. A picture is worth a 1000 words. It is often best if the graph shows how the process is currently working and then another graphic showing how it would work with your suggestion.
8. Use the information on writing found in Course Documents and remember you can always reach out to the Writing Center Office Hours for graduate students. You need to have a good title (interesting is even better), a strong analysis based upon research, and have key recommendations that are practical and well thought out. You need to have a conclusion that does not bring in new ideas – but is a clear synthesis of your ideas.
Graduate students always have the option of joining Brandman’s Online Office Hours (free).
Your paper will be graded using the Rubric listed below. It is suggested that you review this Rubric while you are working on your paper and check once again before you submit. Students who get good grades usually follow the Rubric.