Accounting Cost Management Paper And Calculation
1. Take “Apple” as an example, a company that MANUFACTURES a product and devote at least one (1) page describing its (a) organizational structure, (b) the product or products manufactured, (c) their societal impact or ethical issues they have encountered, and (d) the markets it serves.
2. Identify the method of calculating manufacturing costs for the company. (Activity-based cost is preferred)
3. Explain three (3) reasons why Apple is using ABC (activity-based costing) method
4. This assignment needs to be 5-7 pages in total (cover page and reference page/s are not included in this count).
5. Papers need to be formatted in proper APA 7th edition style
6. The attached file provides some references that you could use.
-The information you will need can be found on the company’s website. This includes but is not limited to financial reports, annual reports, and investor reports.
– Information may be found through other sources as well (such as 10-Q and 10-K reports for domestic companies). So please use all tools available to you.
1. Organizational structure
· Hierarchical and functional
· Apple 10k – might be helpful
2. The product or product manufactured – 10 k page5 search keyword – product
· Multinational technology company
· Service: apple store, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple music
· Other products: These include Apple TV, iWatch, headphones, cases, displays, storage devices and various other connectivity and computing products and supplies (Accessories)
3. Societal impact or ethical issues they have encounter
· Ethical issues
· Product quality
· Intellectual property
· Make sure to state that recommendations/ or suggestions for their improvement (there is a list on below link
· Another page for ethical challenges/ unsavory practice
4. The market it serve
· Market analysis
5. Identify the method of calculating manufacturing cost of the company
6. Determine if the cost method the company has chosen is most appropriate and explain three (3) reasons why the method is appropriate.